Search for abstracts of CN`99-15
Home > Description
TechSQWeb session: Special session on Technologies for secure and high-quality Web-based services
Goal: This special session is intended to bring together researchers, Ph.D. students, and practitioners from the fields of Information security and QoS.
Chief: Grażyna Suchacka (gsuchacka [at] uni.opole.pl)
Target: Everyone interested in this area
In the last years, we have been witnessing evolution of information and communication technologies towards a cloud-based computing environment driven by proliferation of mobile devices and advancement of the Internet of Things (IoT). As a consequence, new challenges for providing distributed services with the high security and Quality of Service (QoS) level emerged.
At the same time, commonness of such Internet-based applications as social media and online marketing tools have lead to a huge increase in the volume of automatically generated network traffic, often difficult to distinguish from that generated by human users. In particular, an increasing complexity and sophistication of malicious software agents makes it more and more difficult to detect them and cope with their presence.
This special session focuses on novel technologies, methods, algorithms, and tools facing these challenges and threats. Topics of interest include new solutions aimed at improving QoS and cybersecurity on the Internet, developed both at the network level and on end hosts. The scope of the session includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Cybersecurity in computer networks:
- Formal methods for cybersecurity
- Security protocols
- Novel algorithms for symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Access control and authorization
- Network anomaly detection
- Traffic pattern analysis for anomaly detection
- Detection and defense against malicious software
- Analysis and detection of Web bots
- Solutions preventing an unauthorized access in network devices and hosts
- Security and privacy technologies for IoT
- Quality of Service:
- QoS technologies at the network, client, and server level
- Admission control and scheduling policies
- Request distribution algorithms in cluster-based Web systems
- QoS mechanisms for cloud environments
- QoS for big data distributed applications
- Knowledge discovery and data mining in distributed computer systems
- Machine learning and pattern recognition in distributed computer systems
- Performance evaluation of distributed computer systems
- Queuing theory models and applications
- Transmission quality and energy efficiency in sensor networks
- Quality of Service and Quality of Experience for IoT
- Mobile technologies for improving Quality of Life
- Related computational implementation and software tools
Submitted papers should present results of original and unpublished research. At least one author of each paper must register for the special session and present the paper.
Workshop papers must be submitted electronically via the CN conference management system and will be evaluated with the same standards as regular CN conference papers.
It is expected that all accepted papers will be included in the proceedings published by Springer in the CCIS book series, which is indexed by DBLP, EI, Scopus and is submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings and Inspec (to be available in Web of Science database).